1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help please

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Ufda, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Ufda

Ufda New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I am in FL from AL have an HR22, SWM PI, slimline antenna. I have one feed only into my RV, lead from dish on PI input and other terminal has a cable to IRD.

In setup I get a screen telling me that tuner #2 cannot get signal.

I can get sd channels only, when I go to an HD channel I get a 771 error.

Is this a setup problem or a satellite issue ?

Thanks in advance,
    Ufda

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Need clarification. You state that you have one cable ran into the RV. Does the dish LNB have more spots ( 4 all together ) to connect a coax ?

3. Ufda

Ufda New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    The LNB has only One terminal, from there to the RV, then to the PI, then to the HR22.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Make sure the coax is connected to Input / Sat 1.
    Check the Satellite setup and see which dish it says it is connected to.
    With the SWM LNB and the Power Inserter they usually choose the correct Dish .
    To check this, Press and hold the Info button on the remote for 3 to 5 seconds ( until the system info comes to the screen ), then choose More Info and then scroll down the Info until you get to the dish Type.

Mine says Slimline-3S ( SWM )

About 2 pages it down it shows Tuner:. To the right of that mine says Tuner1: Sat, Record and Tuner 2: Sat, Record.

Make sure that in Setup you have not chosen to Hide HD channels. Either Show All or Hide SD Duplicates.
    Menu, Settings, Display, Preferences Guide HD Channels

5. BAHitman

BAHitman Godfather

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin Texas
    One other thing if the above checks out. check tuner 2 (use doubleplay by pressing the down arrow twice) and make sure that neither tuner is tuned to a locall. I have had this issue when traveling, the DVR has one tuner tuned to a local channel, and when you go outside the range of your local spotbeam(s), you have no signal issues... I now tune both tuners to channel 202 using doubleplay before I shut it down to move to the RV and have eliminated that problem when RV'ing...

6. Ufda

Ufda New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    thanks for the reply i will check on double play this pm