1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need some help with "Format"

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by MadScientist, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    Hello all,
    I just got my VIP622 the other day and I am trying to use the Format on the remote for TV#2 and it does not work.

I tried remote TV#1 and it works!

So my question with people that have the 622 hooked up to another TV does your #2 remote for format work? And if it does do you need to do anything other then push the botton?

Thank you for your help

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The TV2 format is limited.
    When watching a SD channel you get "full screen" 4:3 (and no other option).
    When watching an HD channel you get to choose between letterbox (16:9 with black bars top and bottom making it 4:3) or zoom (4:3 cropping the sides off of the 16:9 image).
    There is no anamorphic style stretch that allows you to view 16:9 without the letterbox effect.

TV1 on a 622 shares the stretch modes with the HD outputs. A full range of stretches and zooms are available.

3. MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    Thank you James! I thank you again. I thought I was going nuts. Trying to understand the 622 will take a few days.

4. kspeters

kspeters Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 12, 2003
    I'm seeing black bars on the sides of the picture. Is there a setting to at least fill the screen side to side?

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Hit the "*" key on the remote to stretch the picture. Each press of the "*" key cycles to the next format. Press it untill you find one you like!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.