1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbor's remote is changing my channels!

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by kevruth, Jul 27, 2010.

1. kevruth

kevruth Mentor

Jan 7, 2004
    I'm having a problem where my neighbor's Dish UHF remote is changing my channels and, apparently, my remote is changing his channels. As a result we end up having channel changing wars.

I've got a 722k. Is there anyway for me to change the UHF remote's channel/code to something else?

Thanks,

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Yes, you can change things around.

See page 72 in the ViP722K manual. Consider the information on page 75 as well.

3. Tulsacoker

Tulsacoker AllStar

Jun 1, 2010
    Or just swap remotes with each other :lol:

4. kevruth

kevruth Mentor

Jan 7, 2004
    Thanks much. I went to the online user guide and printed out those pages.

5. stelldesign

stelldesign New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    This was happening to us as well. I called Dish and they walked us through the steps to fix it:
    -Take this remote to the tv with the receiver next to it.
    -Once there on the receiver itself press the button that says System Info.
    -With the system info screen up see what the number in the white box is next to Secondary remote address is, then on the remote, press and hold the SAT button until all of the other buttons at the top light up, then let go of SAT button, while the SAT button is lit up, press 1 3 and then the pound (#) button, after the SAT button stops flashing press record and see if the number on the screen changes to 13.

6. njk986

njk986 Cool Member

Mar 29, 2010
    The above procedure will not work if your code is already 13. You'll have to use a different code then. :grin: