1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NESN in Providence?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by billdago, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billdago

billdago DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 13, 2006
    I live 42 miles outside of Boston towards Providence, RI. I'm in MA but my local area is considered Providence. If I get a the new dish (I have an H20 already) can/will I get NESN HD? I actually can't find NESN SD anymore.

Any info?

Thanks.

2. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Unless something has changed very recently, the Providence market is not yet getting NESN-HD. I have friends and relatives in Taunton who are impacted by this...a few have "moved" to a Boston address so they can get NESN-HD.

Don't know why you're not seeing NESN (SD) on 623?

3. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    You should be able to get NESN sd on channel 623. You won't get hd until the new sats go up, unless they expand the territory for NESN hd like they are doing for YES hd.

4. billdago

billdago DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Thanks guys. I'll look for 623. It was not there last night. What was strange is that I could watch the game on one of the 7xx channels as part of the MLB package, which I don't have.

5. jmacari

jmacari AllStar

Apr 19, 2007
    I also live outside Providence; at the moment no NESN-HD or FSN-HD....both are available in SD.

I've complained to DIRECTV several times about this situation-in fact, customer service person initially guaranteed me that I would receive both in HD (I told her she was wrong while ordering upgraded dish and DVR-I did receive 3 months free HD package when I informed her superior about her claim).

Anyway, hopefully Sox will be in HD soon in RI (also Celtics next year)......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.