1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix and WebOS/Touchpad

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Domino, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Domino

Domino New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Most signs point to Netflix continuing to simply ignore WebOS! Tho I have seen no 'official' word from Netflix, conversations with support (and what do they really know, LoL!) are all negative. And, given the recent flaky nature of Netflix pronouncements, I wouldn't put a wooden nickle on anything they say anyway...one way or the other!

If you are a Touchpad owner and really need to view Netflix on your tablet, there is a way, but you need to be on your home network to do it. A new Remote Desktop app called Splashtop (Paid app in HP Catalog) will let you connect to your PC so you see/control your PC live from your TP. Simply start whatever Netflix stream you want on your PC, then connect to the PC with Splashtop. It works! But it is a kludge and of course will not work while you are on the road unless you can find a way to connect from OUTSIDE your home LAN. Again, a kludge!

Netflix, give us a WebOS app!! B) :D

2. Skarzon

Skarzon AllStar

Oct 2, 2006
    I'll second that!

3. dualsub20061367066128

dualsub20061367066128 New Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Even if every single Touchpad owner were a Netflix subscriber there still wouldn't be enough of you to justify the expense of developing a webOS app.

It's easy to ignore a market that simply doesn't exist and never will.

4. smoker68x

smoker68x New Member

Jul 17, 2011
    I'm thinking about getting a Touchpad, and this is not what I was hoping to see... I'm sure you guys have tried, but can you view it through the browser? What about Amazon Instant Streaming, will that work?