1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

netflix

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by hvyres, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Nov 3, 2009 #1 of 21
    hvyres

hvyres Cool Member

Oct 25, 2006
    i signed up with netflix 6 weeks ago ....GREAT DEAL....

2. Nov 3, 2009 #2 of 21
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm not sure where you're going with that... could you give more detail?

3. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    FWIW, I cancelled it a year ago - too much $$$ for me.

4. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    I tried the 14 days but cancelled it early. The instant collection was even less than I thought.

5. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Netflix discs are delivered in red and white envelopes. The USPS delivers them.

6. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I recently signed up but the roku player i got was defective,so now i'm waiting for my replacement roku box so i can stream movies.

7. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    The movies on Netflix are stale.
    I prefer other means and more current content.

8. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Netflix has both current releases and catalog titles. That's what I love about it, the huge back catalog available. And the instant streaming is great. I want more HD content via streaming, but it's a great service. And it's only $9/month. When they get some more streaming content, it could easily replace my Satellite account. Just need a couple more TV shows on there.

9. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    You and I have differing opinions on what "current" means ;)

10. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    District 9 was released in stores today. It is listed today on Netflix. Is that current in your opinion?

11. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Many movies I place in my queue befor they are released, more often than not I receive them on or before they are in the stores.

12. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Same thing I do. If I time it right, I will get the new releases on the Tuesday that they are released.

13. Glen_D

Glen_D Legend

Oct 21, 2006
    I haven't tried Netflix yet, but looking at the TV series that are offered as streaming content, it appears to me that the series & seasons offered are limited to those that have been released on DVD, regardless of whether they are current or classic series.

So if I missed last week's episode of a favorite network show, it wouldn't be available via Netflix until if & when it is released on DVD. Or am I missing something?

14. richiephx

richiephx Godfather

Jan 18, 2006
    When I got my blu-ray I signed up for the one out at a time plus blu-ray plan. I also get streaming. While most of the streaming is older, I find more than enough to watch. The HD streaming is pretty good actually. I especially enjoy watching tv series like Heroes, without popups, logos and snipes and without commercial interruption. Now that's worth something now-a-days.

15. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Some TV shows are available the day after broadcast. Some are later. The ones that are later are entire seasons rather than just a couple of episodes like on Hulu, were they only have the most recently 5 or 6 episodes.

And as for current, I've gotten all of my new release movies right on release day.

16. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    Switched to Netflix when all of the Blockbusters around me closed.
    BB was great because my membership included games, and in store return with more free rentals. When teh stores closed the value proposition changed.
    Now with Netflix, I get my blu-rays in 1 day, and I love the streaming through my D* HD DVRs, and HD streaming through my PS3.
    Not fresh movies, but always something worth a sit down

17. sdirv

sdirv Icon

Dec 14, 2008
    How are you streaming Netflix through your D* HD DVR's??

18. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    PlayOn. ;)

19. LlenB2520

LlenB2520 New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I dig it. I am still holding on to the same Waynes World rental for 16 months now, but im still a member for the streaming content. XBOX 360 PS3 and now wii are supporting this. Streaming an HD Horror flick at no extra cost to my 1 DVD a month deal is teh win!

20. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I especially like it for the more non-mainstream movies. They had a new release blu of Buster Keaton's The General that as of last month or so Blockbuster didn't have even online.

Every once in a while the queue gets weird, I checked my queue the day before yesterday before my next movie was sent out and Moon on Blu was long wait, but shipped that day.

Whoops, didn't notice this thread was so old.