1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network folders question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by billsharpe, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    I have Windows XP SP2 and WMP 11 installed. I have set up my network to include the HR20. However, the only music and picture files that I see on my TV are the ones in My Music and My Pictures folders on my C: drive. I keep most of music and picture files in folders on my E: drive. Is there any way for the HR20 to see the E: drive folders?

And, yes, I have enabled file sharing on both E: drive folders. I also placed a music playlist file on my C: drive which lists the full path for some mp3's on my E: drive. The HR20 sees the playlist but says there are no files in the folder.

Music sounds great, but I am somewhat disappointed with the picture quality of my photos on my Samsung TV.

Bill

2. Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    TOOLS / OPTIONS / Library (Tab) / Monitor Folders (Button) / Advanced Options (Button) / Add (Button)

Sound good?

3. Radio Enginerd

Oct 5, 2006
    Quick note, I find Windows Media responsiveness to large folder browsing to be VERY slow. My MP3 library is nearing 10,000 songs and browsing it from the HR20 is a bit painful.

I've found Tversity to be more responsive to a large music library. You may want to consider that as a second option.

4. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Sounds great:hurah:

And a reply in only three minutes! This site is a fantastic resource. Thanks!

I have about 1600 music files now. I will keep the TVersity suggestion in mind in case I find the WMP approach too slow.

Now I need to edit some of my ID tags so that the artist name, for example, is consistent across all files. I have "Artie Shaw" and "Artie Shaw Orch" and "Artie Show and his Gramercy Five" for example.

5. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006

Yea, he beat me to it... :lol:

You are correct on this being a great site!

6. Radio Enginerd

Oct 5, 2006
    No problem... Happy to help. I fell in love with the site the first time I used it and I've been paying it forward since. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.