1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network HD Waiver-New Orleans Area

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by reubenray, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I finally convinced Directv that I will not be able to get OTA HD for a long time. I live in the New Orleans area and the towers are gone. Directv stated that they have applied with the local stations for the waivers.
    What are the odds of this actually happening and how long will it take?

2. SBacklin

SBacklin Legend

Sep 14, 2005
    I know this isn't an answer to your question but, what are these waivers I have read about? I read something about the FCC mandating or something waivers be used. What is all this waiver thing about? LOL, sorry for my denseness. I am new to Satellite.

3. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    Waivers basically allow you to get television service that you would otherwise not be able to receive. If you live in the middle of no where (too far from a tower to get a signal) you can get the local channels from NY or LA via satellite.

I wouldn't be surprised if you got the Networks in NO.

4. Tower Guy

Tower Guy Godfather

Jul 27, 2005
    The New Orleans stations are working on a program feed to DirecTV without using their transmitters. You should get the locals without a waiver and without the towers.

5. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    Only one station (WWL) has anything being broadcast in HD. Everything else gives me the "No Signal".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.