1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Network HR10-250

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by mocarob, May 8, 2013.

1. mocarob

mocarob Legend

Jul 26, 2007
    There were a lot of ways to 'enable' features on the HR10-250 back in the day... New ways seem to pop up weekly..
    Can somebody point me towards the 'easiest' way to enable networking/communicating with tivo desktop?
    That's the only feature I care about..
    Thanks.

The unit is owned and off the grid..never to be connected again..

2. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Have you consulted the TiVO Community Forums?

3. mocarob

mocarob Legend

Jul 26, 2007
    No but I guess that will be my next stop.
    TY

4. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    Don't bother. While you can network the HR10-250, you can do so only by "hacking" and it doesn't work with TiVo Desktop. However, the necessary changes aren't difficult and are discussed in the dealdatabase.com forum. You can then use hobbyist software to do more than TiVo Desktop can do.

5. mocarob

mocarob Legend

Jul 26, 2007
    thanks i'll check into it..