1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network problem: Switching from G to N

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by lucky13, Sep 26, 2009.

1. lucky13

lucky13 New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Maryland,...
    I upgraded my router this week from G to N. Both are Buffalo units.
    My home network with the new router has a new SSID.

The HR20-700 that's connected to the supported Linksys WGA600N adapter discovered the new network when I ran Repeat Network Setup. Another HR20-700 that is hard-wired to the router has no problem.

2 other HR20-700s and an HR21-100 are running off the same Linksys bridge and LS switch. When I run Repeat Network Setup, it does not find a new network (and perhaps isn't looking for a new network). It goes to the IP page, but doesn't allow me to enter a new network name or password. These dvrs connect to the network, but not the internet.

I have tried resetting network defaults, and resetting the switch and the bridge. None of that has helped.

I moved the LS 600N to one of the other HR20s, and it properly reset. But when I reconnected that dvr to the bridge, it lost the internet connection. I then wired the 600N through the switch to the DVR, and again the internet connection was lost.

Clearly, the bridge and/or switch is the problem, although they both connected the 3 dvrs with the old G network. Perhaps the 600N can't work through any switch. Or is there a switch that will feed through a 600N connection to multiple devices?

Any help is greatly appreciated.