1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by puffnstuff, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    OK I got a new 100 installed today . The problem is when I connected the network cable to it the screen turned green and it locked up . RBR and then nothing on my network would connect to anything . Restarted computer and had to completely reset router . But eventually everything was fine except for now my 700 won't network at all . What should I do .

2. LR308er

LR308er Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Jun 27, 2007
    Sounds like the new 100 sent some spikes across the LAN.
    May have had some internal circuitry problems.
    I'd ask D* to replace both boxes.

3. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    basic separate and nail down the trouble type isolation. Unplug everything and start from scratch.

4. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    OK I started from scratch everything else works again (PS3 even works with VIIV/Media Center and WMP now , didn't before) The 100 is fine and plays both WMP and VIIV/Media Center photos and music . But the 700 seems to need to be re-recognized( is that even a a real word I hope you know what I mean) . I only say this because when I did it before I just pluged it up and it set up the settings itself , sort of like the 100 did today but with out the shutdown . Also I have did reset evertyhing , rbr , and plug out with network cable in and out on each with nothing . How do I reset everything everthing (because I love CE's and need my 700 fix this week and I havn't missed one yet , 2 weekends ago was awesome since I was sure VOD was coming and I was in Cooperstown) I searched for reformat in HR@Q&A for 4 pages and gave up .

5. LR308er

Jun 27, 2007
    Reformat by resetting from the menu.
    Menu
    Help & Settings
    Setup
    Reset
    Reset Everything
    -

This will delete all guide, scheduled recordings, user configurable settings, recorded programming, etc. and return the box to its original state.

6. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    Did that but still no go with network cable in and out . But not to original state I still keep 0184 but everything else resets . I want to , I guess go back to orignal factory settings , then whatever software is in the stream , re-recognize 700 . hopefully works then CE Friday . After reading a little more . I think it has to do with the 700 not getting info from router ( regular ole linksys) because now that I notice during network set-up the settings are back to default .

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Did you rerun network setup?

8. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    Yes I have did it like ten times . It seems like it isn't recieving dhcp or whatever , because none of the values change like they did when I first hooked it up . Also when I plug in the network cable to the modem the cisco symbol turns white like when I add anything wireless .

9. LR308er

Jun 27, 2007
    To get the last national release, you'll need to reset and enter 0 2 4 6 8.
    Same procedure that used for the CE's when they're available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.