1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Network Test

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Dave from Kazoo, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Dave from Kazoo

Dave from Kazoo AllStar

Nov 28, 2004
    We have Hr34 and 2 H25 installed. I have run the network test on the Hr34 and get the following Diagnostic code 48-887. Network Interference Problem. Lists router with a bunch of diff. numbers and letters. Also states receivers have reduce network performance. If you are having problem viewing recordings from these receivers to please call.
    Everything works good.

Second question Under more info

What is STB Services Port it has yellow ! and NA(202)

Third question with H25 blank To List?

Thanks

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    1. There is a problem with your coax/DECA networking.
    2. You don't care, or it isn't important. Mine all report 202 "when things are working".
    3. The H25 doesn't look to have found the HR34, which may be part of your first problem/question.
    Your problem is the same as in this thread: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=200383

You can get some more information about this by pressing the guide and right arrow [both at the same time] on the front panel, which will show a menu with "coax" and then run the two tests.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    STB Services are not actually implemented. As VOS points out, the error codes can be indicative of something else, but in general you should ignore that line.

4. DarkLogix

DarkLogix Godfather

Oct 20, 2011
    Are you sure the STB aren't implemented?

when I set mine up I just had to do some port forwarding any it came right up, though I can't find what good it does for me

and a uPnP router would handle that automatically

5. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    It doesn't do anything.

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Which should be "the clue".
    Pointless & useless.

7. Dave from Kazoo

Dave from Kazoo AllStar

Nov 28, 2004
    OK STB not used. Network works good. H25 can view recorded programs. Testing network from H25's is good. Should I have any ports open on the router?

8. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    If you have uPNP enabled on your router it should not be necessary.

9. Dave from Kazoo

Dave from Kazoo AllStar

Nov 28, 2004
    Update to the system network test that would fail on the HR34 but NOT on the 2 H25's. The H25's got the NEW HD guide download. I know it is going to be a wait for the HR34 HD Guide, Anyways Nothing else has changed and when the Network test is run Everything is good. Just plain odd. Owell I do love the new GUIDE.