1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networked receivers not finding each other

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by wilsonc, Aug 24, 2010.

1. wilsonc

wilsonc Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    I have two HD-DVR receivers that are connected to the network through DECA. I have an HR22-100 and HR20-700. Both are currently connected to the network and internet. I have verified this by using DoD and downloading shows. However, both receivers show there are no networked DVRs under the MRV Status page. I have rolled both receivers back to the national software release. The HR22-100 is running 0x3de and the HR20-700 is running 0x3df. Both receivers were previously running 0x412. I wanted to rollback to the national release to see if the issue would go away, but it didn't. The router I use is a Netgear WNR-2000v1. I have assigned both DVRs a static IP and the problem does not go away. Both receivers show MRV authorized and playlist sharing is on. Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

2. lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    Are the only connections from these receivers (network wise) running through the DECA? If you have a second cable for the internet into the second port might be not so good.

Try turning off the playlist sharing on both and then back on...

Re run the network setup...

Since it's DECA you can call D* for support at least.

Don "sunspots. definitely sunspots" Bolton

3. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    Another thing to check. Make sure you aren't filtering the playlists on both DVRs to only show local recordings.

4. armchair

armchair Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2009
    Do you even have a playlist after reverting to NR? Last time I did that, I lost all but one recording on two DVRs!

On your DECA's (check all three DECA's), are all three LEDs lit green? The network LED (the middle one) should flash to indicate activity. Check your more info tab, your DVRs should show the same subnet and connected to network and Internet. If all is OK and still no UPL or connected DVRs, menu restart both DVRs and check status again. They s/b seeing each other within 15 minutes, max.

5. twohour

twohour New Member

May 24, 2006
    Disconnect the installation from the internet .....see if the two
    HR's will see each other .....Are you using a BB Deca or a DEca adaptor to connect to the internet .....don't mess with the IP addresses , let the DHCP to do the job ......:D

6. wilsonc

wilsonc Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    I disconnected the deca adapter that was connected to the router and restarted both receivers. I also removed all static IP settings for the receivers that I had setup in the router and restarted it. Once the receivers started up, they both saw each other fine. I then reconnected the deca adapter to the router and reran network setup on both receivers. All is fine again.

Interesting no matter how many times I restarted both receivers and reran network setup, I could not get them to see each other.