1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Duffycoug, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duffycoug

Duffycoug Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    I just connected my HR20 to my network (hard wired)....I went to the network screen on my HR0, hit connect, and it said, "Congratulations, you are connected to the internet"......now how do I get it to see my music and photos from WMP11?? Also, where is the screen on the HR20?

Thanks!

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Once you set up sharing with WMP11 you will get a music & photos option in the HR20 menu.

To setup WMP11 for sharing open WMP11. Right click the top bar. Then tools and then options. Then click library. Configure sharing. Check the box for share my media to. Then click on the unknown device and click allow.

3. Duffycoug

Duffycoug Legend

Apr 16, 2007

I've done everything you said, but there is one problem.....there is no device listed....should I try to reset my HR20? I read another thread that said that allowed his to work.

4. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    You could try a reset to see if that helps. Also when you go to the screen that will show the unknown device let it sit for a few minutes. When I set up one of my HR20's I had to do that and it showed up after about 3 minutes.

5. Duffycoug

Duffycoug Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    I reset the HR20 and it then showed up in the WMP11 as an unknown device....going upstairs to check the HR20 now!

Went upstairs and everything works fine.....the reset of the HR20 got everything working. Thanks for your help Ravens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.