1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Networking Vista Computer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by James Thomas, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Thomas

James Thomas Cool Member

Dec 21, 2006
    I recently got a new computer running Vista. I decided it was time to network to my HR-20. I got a WGA and after some fumbling around I managed to get the HR-20 connected to my wireless network and to the internet.
    When I went into Windows Media Center 11 on my computer and the tools, options, configure sharing procedure I did not find the HR-20 (unknown device) listed. The only thing listed was a single item--Other Users of This PC.

Any ideas on what to do next?

2. tfederov

tfederov DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
  3. James Thomas

James Thomas Cool Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Actually it is a VIIV PC but I understand that Vista Computers with Media Player 11 will work without VIIV. That is what I am trying to do.

4. jgrade

jgrade Godfather

Sep 30, 2006
    Any version of Windows that can run WMP11 can connect to the HR-20. Read some of the suggestions from the various threads on non ViiV networking.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.