1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

new apps for the hopper

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by bluegras, Dec 29, 2013.

1. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    which apps you would like to see added to the hopper real soon?

Thanks

Allen

2. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    I honestly would love to have the option to download the apps I want to use, not what dish thinks I like.

3. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Good luck with that. :) I wouldn't allow it on anything I was selling to the public. Do you realize how much testing goes into an app before being allowed on Smart TV's, Roku, etc...? Think of it as Apple does it. Android also has a process though it is easier getting apps because you can get them other than the Play Store. But the risk of malware doing it that way or the app not working correctly is much higher and that is exactly what a company like DIsh would be afraid of. They have to be the the ones who decide what APPS are available.

It's not exactly a matter of what DISH wants you to have (Or Samsung etc...) it's who is willing to make an APP and have it pass. DISH doesn't make the apps anymore than Roku does. APPS for a Hopper would be totally different than ones for Android, as they are for Apple, as they are for Roku.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    just give out API, IDEV for ppl, then allow us to DL these APPs what are tested in-house after UL

nay, they does not make internal beta testing properly for basic updates in FW - customers are still the testers :( ... not telling about third party APPs

5. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    how about adding the tunein radio app so you can listen to radio stations all across the country and the world.

http://tunein.com

Thanks

Allen bluegras

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    How about not posting the same repetitive request on every site your frequent. No one at the other site was interested and you were told it wouldn't happen.