1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Bundling Offers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Volatility, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Just a heads up, starting May 2nd, D* will allow customers to select more than one internet and phone partner in some zip codes. This will alllow customers more options for bundling. They are also partnering up with Hughes Net and on May 16 MediaCom in some areas. May is an exciting month for Directv customers!

2. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    I had decided not to bundle because of comments here that WIndstream is a terrible internet provider. Are you saying I can still get the Directv bundle price (about $10 a month less than the already low $59 bucks I'm paying now) if I choose to bundle a month later (now) with another provider?

3. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Exactly. So if you do not like the original partner in your area like as you stated Windstream, you can get the option of another provider like say ViaSat, HughesNet, MediaCom... 10.00 off internet and 15.00 triple play with phone and internet

4. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Also MediaCom is only offered in the Midwest and South Eastern United States

5. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    I checked out all three and none offer what I'm getting with Time Warner, pains in the neck that they are. Thanks anyway.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    ViaSat and HughesNet are internet by satellite companies. They advertised about 10 to 15 Mbps, but you actually get about 8Mbps average, latency is HUGE however.

7. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    I've seen multiple options over a year ago in a very select area of the country where more than one provider is available. I can only imagine there will be VERY few locations where this will be available, only because you can rarely get more than one to begin with.

8. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I am bundling my land line (AT&T) to get $5 a month. Is DirecTV going to partner with Cox (for internet)? If I bundled Cox, would I get another $5 discount?

9. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Highly doubt it.

10. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    It depends on the customer's zip code. I was in a hurry when I typed that as in between calls (helps day go by faster). Depending on the zip code, their will be up to four bundle provider options for some customes. These will be 1 cable provider, 1 telco provider (ATT/Verizon i.e.) and 2 Sat Internet Providers. Phone and internet will have to come from the same provider and one can not take one service from one provider and another from another provider. As far as very few locations, we will see I guess. I was thinking it would start off that way and maybe expand to more areas. Maybe.

11. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    I doubt it, but then again I doubted they would ever bundle with Mediacom but here we go. Optimism is key :). Also as always thanks everyone for your inputs

12. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Kindly please do not private message me asking what telco provider is available in your area as I can not look that up like that-ya may wanna call in. :)

13. PackFan

PackFan AllStar

Jul 17, 2006
    Unfortunately, CenturyLink only offers 1.5 Mbps at my house... Sad.

14. snowden2876

snowden2876 New Member

Apr 28, 2013
    oklahoma
    Direct tv bundles with AT&T. Internet. Saves me $5 a month...

15. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    lol that is sad. How much is it a month?