1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New caller ID bug?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by qwerty, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwerty

qwerty Hall Of Fame

Feb 19, 2006
    Haven't seen this before. I was watching a recording, and paused it for a while. It went to the screen saver. My wife had been on the phone for about an hour (How do women do that?). Anyway, the R15 woke up with the called ID notification telling me to contact my phone company to subsribe to called ID (or something to that effect). I do subscribe to caller ID, and the phone was in use when the notification popped up. I don't have call waiting, so Idon't know what could have caused it.

No big deal. I didn't have to pull the plug or mess with it for 20 minutes to get it working again :grin:

2. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Why do you have the phone line attached if you don't have caller id? Do you watch PPV? If not you might as well unplug it. If you do use it for PPV you might want to go into the setup and turn off the caller id function so it doesn't give you any issues.

3. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Reread the post for it says that he does have caller id but the R15 is asking him to subscribe to caller id.

I have had this bug on mine also for some time.

4. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Opps, It's early. I think I better go get some coffee:coffee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.