1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New channel audio problems-Starz Cinema

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Machael, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Machael

Machael AllStar

Apr 20, 2008
    Anyone else noticing severe audio dropouts on JUST this channel? I get the same occasional glitch as everyone on many channels, but on this channel it is horrible. The audio is also delayed from the video to the point it's not fun watching it.

I used to have the delay problem on some other channels but that's cleared up a long time ago.

Just wondering if their still tweaking the new HD additions....

2. Janice805

Janice805 Legend

Nov 26, 2005
    I don't know about STARZ Cinema, but I recorded a movie called BLINDNESS from one of the other STARZ channels and the audio was so "broken up/no audio at all" after the 1st half of the movie I could barely follow what was happening. I think it recorded from the other new STARZ channel. Horrible audio problems.

3. retromzc

retromzc Legend

Sep 6, 2007
    Yes, I have noticed a lot of audio dropouts on Starz Cinema also. Often times the video also freezes and then speeds up to catch back up to the audio. Quite annoying but it will probably get worked out soon.

4. nevea2be

nevea2be Legend

Sep 4, 2007
    I noticed some audio problems with Encore HD in their in between movie promos this morning.

5. Machael

Machael AllStar

Apr 20, 2008
    Glad to hear I'm not crazy :)

I will write it off as bugs to work out with the new bird.... but is really is so bad I don't want to watch that channel until it's fixed.

Thanks all!