1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new channel id like to see

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by morgan79, Dec 31, 2011.

1. morgan79

morgan79 Legend

Oct 9, 2007
    https://www.facebook.com/MAVTV?ref=ts&sk=wall

mavtv is on dish.it's 24/7hd programming,, if you like motorsports like dirt racing,mma fighting etc..looks like it might be a upcoming channe id like to have if dtv could add it down the road sometime....
    l

2. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    The name makes it sound like an RSN centered around the Dallas Mavericks.

Just sayin.

3. espnjason

espnjason Armchair Referee

Sep 30, 2008
    When I spent time in DFW, I remember HDNet broadcasting Mavs games. I already figured out the connection, but from what I remember HDNet did a pretty decent job with those games. I wonder if Mavs/HDnet is still exclusive to Dallas or if it went to Fox Sports full time.

(back to topic)
    I would welcome MavTV even if it was SD only.

4. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Looks like it's an HD only channel and I couldn't care less about the programming: "MAVTV is no ordinary television network. It’s a 24/7 high-definition look at precisely what guys want to see – motorsports, fighting, comedy, gadgets, and crystal clear bikinis."

5. n3vino

n3vino Godfather

Oct 2, 2011
    Leon...
    I had it with TW and I never found much of what is mentioned above.

It was on the TW HD extra pack. What happened is that TW HD extra pack had Hdnet, hdnet movies, universal and MGM movies. Then when TW couldn't work out a deal with Mark Cuban owner of the Dallas Mavericks and HDnet and HDmovies, those two channels were dropped, and we got Smithonian and Maverick, not a good tradeoff in my opinion. Maverick tv is owned by someone else.

I think HDnet has better programing, along those lines, than Maverick. But that's my opinion. Hopefully Mark Cuban does not get too greedy and gets dropped by D*, or D* getting HDNet out of the basic tier.