1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Channels in 2014

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jan 7, 2014 #1 of 60
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    With Dish moving channels around, plus we have lost several channels like Soap Net, G4, etc.I wonder if we will be getting any new channels? There are many channels we do not have like BBC World, CNN International, and TV One. Any channels others would like to see added?

2. Jan 7, 2014 #2 of 60
    sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    How about ABC Family, Disney, ESPNNews, etc. in HD?

3. Jan 7, 2014 #3 of 60
    bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    metoo i would like to see the disney/abc channels come back in HD.

Allen

4. Jan 7, 2014 #4 of 60
    SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    WeatherNation

5. Jan 7, 2014 #5 of 60
    joetex

joetex Cool Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Good point: regardless of what channels should be added, it seems like we have lost a few channels lately (Cloo, G4, Soapnet) and have not gotten any replacements unless I missed something.

6. Jan 7, 2014 #6 of 60
    bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    how about Bluehighways TV in HD on dish network they have been broadcasting some of their programming in HD on dish's blockbuster studio.every sunday at 1:30pm central.here is their website to check them out.you see i am a huge bluegrass music fan and their programming would be great to watch and they even have their own ondemand channel also.

http://bluehighwaystv.com/

thanks

Allen bluegras

7. Jan 7, 2014 #7 of 60
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Good choices and I agree, it would be nice to get Disney, etc back in HD. Maybe they will get it resolved in 2014. The price goes up and we lose channels...

8. jamelar

jamelar Cool Member

Dec 30, 2010
    YES, add these channels.

9. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    True as long as you realize G4 and Soapnet do not exist. Also DISH has added channels.

10. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I wonder if we will get new PI channels to replace the ones we lost? It used to be that about everything from 9400-9418 was a PI channel.

Patrick

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I have not counted PIs lately, but they don't have to be in the 9400s. Many of the religious channels in the 256-268 range would qualify as PIs. CSPAN and NASA are PIs. Channel 82 FeTV is a PI.

If the PI count is low DISH will offer carriage to more potential PIs. But with PIs paying for distribution there is always the chance that there will not be enough potential PIs willing to pay. As long as DISH offers carriage they have done their part.

12. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    We got ION in HD CH 65 in the SF Bay Area.

13. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]mwdxer,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]I do appreciate your input and I have submitted a request on your behalf to have BBC World, CNN International and TV One added to our DISH programming. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks [/SIZE]

14. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    We used to get so many college PI stations like UoW, Florida, Arizona, etc. I wish we would get more of those again. I just don't get excited about Rel stations. We have too many. A few do run some old TV stations though. Russia Today, CCTV, etc are great to have.

15. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]mwdxer,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]I can totally understand wanting to see some of the top schools play the big games. What are some of the shows you would like to see? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]

16. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    the new channels i see coming to Dish are The Longhorn Network, ESPN U HD, SEC Network, Disney Junior, and the return of the HD channels of Disney Channel, Disney XD, ABC Family and ESPNews, which were removed almost 4 years to start the big Dish/Disney dispute which was further prolonged by a few lawsuits.

17. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    i wonder when it is going to happen when all the disney/abc hd channels coming back/

18. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    How about Comcast SportsNet Northwest?

19. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    Not to mention WeatherNation, BBC World News, and GOL TV?

20. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I guess Direct dropped the Weather Channel as they had an increase in rates and did not want to pay them, so they have Weather Nation now.