1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New channels on DirecTV-14 and DirecTV-15 satellites?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Pink Jazz, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Pink Jazz

Pink Jazz Mentor

Jan 1, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    I was wondering, does anyone know what new channels will be added with the launches of the DirecTV-14 and DirecTV-15 satellites in 2013 and 2014, respectively?

I presume they may add more 1080p and/or 3D channels. However, I could be wrong.

2. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    The last couple of launched have produced small amounts of national basic hd. Mostly HD PPV, Sports and movie channels. Directv needs to add alot of basic cable channels that alot of other providers have.
    E!, TruTvHD, Style HD, TCM HD, BBCAHD, Investigation Discovery HD, Hub HD, OWN HD and so on.

But I bet we will not see many new channels.

3. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I have not even heard of possible launch dates for these new satellites...I would expect we're still a year or more away. D* definitely needs to add some more national (non-premium) HD channels.. AMC HD, BBC America HD, DIY HD, TCM HD, etc. Most of the cable companies offer these already and D* is falling behind.

4. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    Satillites age and do come to an end. One or both of these may simply be to replace the aged ones and will bring little more capacity to the system.

5. Pink Jazz

Pink Jazz Mentor

Jan 1, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    DirecTV's oldest satelite is DirecTV-1R, launched in 1999. Perhaps either DirecTV-14 or DirecTV-15 will replace it.

6. evan_s

evan_s Hall Of Fame

Mar 3, 2008
  7. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    D14 isn't even expected to launch until 2014, so we have at least 2 years before these satellites are available for service.