1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Company

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by AfgVet10-11, Jul 17, 2014.

1. AfgVet10-11

AfgVet10-11 New Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Anyone here work for DirectSat? I worked for Multiband and just moved up north and got a job with DirectSat. Havent read any good reviews on them. Seen alot of lawsuits from techs, and not sure what to think about their "Tiered" pay scale. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    That class action law suit went on for a long time and they paid in 2012. Hopefully they have learned from this and will be better going forward.

3. AfgVet10-11

AfgVet10-11 New Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I hope so. Multiband (in my opinion) was a good company to work for in Louisiana. Never had an issue with pay or management. Hopefully DirectSat proves to be the same. Thanks for the feedback.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    From experience, HSPs are the worst to work for..... My 2cents... Sadly O&O is not everywhere yet.

5. AfgVet10-11

AfgVet10-11 New Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah I've looked into O&O , sure wish I could go that route. I tried the subcontracting side right after Multiband. Guess I just got with a crap company, I couldn't let myself be affiliated with the kind of crap they were putting in so I left. SWM16 ziptied to a universal mast is just one example of one of my boss's jobs.

Sent from my C6750 using DBSTalk mobile app

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Then in-house goes back to clean it up.... :nono2: