1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New customer pricing question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tigerwillow1, Dec 25, 2011.

1. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Legend

Jan 26, 2009
    Sorry to ask something I should be able to figure out, but all of the asterisks, footnotes, and terms/conditions are more than I can keep straight. Using the current promotion for the Top 250 as an example: The "12 month special" is 44.99/month for the first year, and the "everyday price" is 69.99/month. So the quick conclusion is that you commit for 24 months, the first year at 44.99 and the 2nd year at 69.99. But then there's the "Blockbuster Movie Pass included for 12 months" detail. The footnote for that says that $5 of the first year 44.99 per month is for Blockbuster (discounted from $10/month). Here's the question: Would I be free to drop the Blockbuster part of the subscription after the first year, and have a 59.99/month rate the 2nd year?

2. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    The $69.99 is the everyday price for the Americas Top 250. That is excluding any other fees or services. The Blockbuster Movie Pass is normally $10 per month. So for both services after the discount period would be $79.99 plus state and local tax and any other applicable fees. If you only wanted the AT250 package it would be the everyday price of $69.99. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!

3. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Legend

Jan 26, 2009
    Thank you!

4. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    Go to Dish Deals page and you can play around with the pricing.

5. CrazyforYeshua

CrazyforYeshua Legend

Feb 23, 2008
    It might be too late to ask, but did you get in on the $200 Amazon gift card offer? You wanna do that when you call, you can't add it after.

6. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Legend

Jan 26, 2009
    I didn't sign up yet and didn't know about this promotion. Looks like it's good until Jan 31. Thank you!

A new question: When running through the online signup for 2 rooms on a single DVR, it says the DVR will be a 622/722 HD duo. I can't find any info about the 622. Do I care which one I'd get?

7. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    You might want to call a local Dish reseller to see if they can get the receiver you want. If you order online or through the national phone number, then they can't tell you which one you will get. Dish considers the 622, 722 & 722K to be HD Duo DVRs. If they happen to have a 622 on the truck, that is what you will get.

Here are the major differences:

622 - One Over the Air (OTA) tuner, can't use the Sling module, 30 hours of HD recording
    722 - One OTA tuner, can use the Sling module, 55 hours of HD recording,
    722K - No OTA tuners, but you can purchase an OTA module that will add two OTA tuners. Can use the Sling module. 55 hours of HD recording

Go to dishuser.org for more details.