1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Customer Promotions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mark Holtz, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Besides the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion, anyone aware of any other new customer deals that DirecTV will offer? The plan is Total Choice +, and I have no need for football... or sports...

2. bills976

bills976 Godfather/Supporter

Jun 30, 2002
    The Sunday Ticket promo is the best they've offered this year, even for non-football fans.

You get four free months of TC premier when you sign onto the promotion. You can drop to TC+ after the four months.

You make four monthly payments of $59 and change for NFL sunday ticket

You don't pay the TiVo fee because you have Premier for free

You'll pay the mirroring fee.

My bill right now for TC+ w/locals, TiVo fee, and one mirror is $50.19 with tax. Under this promo, I could get TC premier, NFL ticket, locals, no TiVo fee, and one mirror for $64 +tax. For all the programming you get, that fifteen bucks is well worth it.

Worst case scenario you can charge your friends admission to your house for the games on Sunday and make a profit!

3. Mark Holtz

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Slight problem....

NFL Sunday Ticket does me no good when I'm at work 9 AM-6 PM PT. And, since I will have two additional receivers, it would an additiona $10, so it's $69 during the promotion.

TC+, PVR, and 2 receivers will cost me $54 per month.

4. Timco

Timco Woof! DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 7, 2002
    Unfortunately that is the only deal out there right now. I tried to work a deal with the CSR when I hooked up and had no luck. :(

5. belsokar

belsokar AllStar

Jul 1, 2002
    I saw mention of a go to directv HD deal, that involved an hd receiver, tivo pvr, and what have you for a reasonable fee....any idea on if this is areal or not, and where to find it?

6. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    i should have watied to Get Directv :(

What a deal that is TCP+ Nfl Sunday ticket

Cant beat it

7. ride525

ride525 Legend

Aug 13, 2003
    I heard if YOU ASK about getting two free months Total Choice Plus and Locals (regular $39.99) that is another option, if you request it. Try it and let us know.

8. SD493

SD493 Legend

Mar 10, 2003
    I just activated and got Total Choice + Starz free for two months
    and the HD package free for the first month. I also subscribe to HBO and Starz so my bill for the first two months will be around $40 dollars.

9. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    Congrats do you now feel the joy :)

10. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Hmmmmm watching Tanya Memme Vs. watching Charlie Ergan....I think dudes answer is or should be a resounding....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... :D

11. T Memme

T Memme Guest

Answer should be Noooooooooooo Way! But go ahead and stand in line......

12. Mark Holtz

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I went with the Sunday Ticket promo. Oh well, it'll be the same price as my current Dish subscription for four months (until December 25th!), and I'm sure that TiVo will be finding plenty of movies that I won't be watching. After the season is over, I'm making sure that the contract isn't renewed for NFL Sunday ticket.

And, no, my thumb is not feeling the joy after going through the entire list and deselecting all the "Channels I (Don't) Receive" on the HDVR2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.