1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New customer w/ questions...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mikethewxguy, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikethewxguy

mikethewxguy Cool Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Howdy all!

Tomorrow morning I'm having DIRECTV installed.

1 DVR
    1 Standard Receiver

I wanted a HD DVR - but have decded to wait and see if there will be any better deals on leasing the new DIRECTV branded DVR's once they are available later this year.

What will the process be if I decide to upgrade the standard receiver to a HD DVR? I can replace one of my existing receivers when I add another one - can't I? This lease deal has me somewhat confused...I don't want to end up leasing 3 receivers...just 2 (1 DVR and 1 HD DVR).

I'm out in the middle of nowhere (US Air Force member stationed at Fort irwin, CA - an Army post - in the middle of the Mojave desert) so my only choices for programming are DIRECTV or Dish Network - went w/ DIRECTV for the NFL action/Sunday Ticket.

Many thanks!

Mike

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    You will have to ask Directv that question, the answer I got as a dealer is that Directv will take care of the customer after we sign them up. Currently they have no plans for the dealer to upgrade customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.