1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

new direct customer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ddgwood, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ddgwood

ddgwood New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Hi all. got direct a week ago a wanted to post my thoughts on being a previous dish customer.there is good and bad.people have have said that the picture quality is better and i thought how could that be but even my wife noticed that it is, however the standard def channels seem to be worse.
    the remote has a lot more features but is taking some time to get the feel for,(hr44 genie)
    its great to record 5 channels if needed,we only had 2 before and were missing stuff we wanted to see, and we were able to catch them on demand so thats good.
    but i would say so far so good

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    That is something I've always heard, SD is worse on DirecTV. Fortunately we've got more HD than SD only, and we have another satellite launch in a few months, might get more HD.

3. kaminar

kaminar Mentor

Mar 25, 2012
    HD channels over 195 now..if that makes a difference. With the Genie, you can now do more streaming than ever before. 10,000 additional shows (supposedly beyond the original 10k movies and shows, a la partnership with Hulu--surprisingly quiet on the D* side).

Here is a link with many "new" networks (perhaps some experts can tell if there have been some changes recently..I checked for the first time in a LONG time the other day)

http://www.directv.com/networks

Have fun :D

-=K=-

4. ddgwood

ddgwood New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    yes there seems to be more hd chanels i watch now.
    another issue i had before signing up was all the unresponsive and slow receivers but not mine,it has been perfect and the remote range and responsiveness is great

5. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Welcome to the Directv side of the house. I have had service for over 1 1/2 years and I am still finding things that I did not know about. I upgraded to the HR44 Genie a month ago and that is still a learning curve for me.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    But what is this good for with is still SD....

7. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    And the HULU channels or only available online not ON Demand.

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Correct!

At least for now, maybe they will get integrated to the VOD library....one can only hope.