1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Dish HD website

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by rollua1, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollua1

rollua1 Banned User

Sep 8, 2003
  2. bryan92

bryan92 Legend

Oct 30, 2003
    Nicely done, I like it.

3. Cowchip

Cowchip Cool Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I looked all over and can't see how you found that page. Must be top secret!

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Starz! is on the main programming page (not on the breakout). :)

It doesn't look like the site is ready for public view. Some placemarkers there.

5. dave1234

dave1234 Icon

Oct 9, 2005
    I don't know how he found it either, but Dish is going live with this by Feb. 1 so all they need to do is link to this page from their new home page. Not surprising the pieces are getting put up on their server.

I noticed they advertise 25 HD channels. It appear by my count the 25 includes HBO and SHO HD movie channels. Not a bad deal it that's the case.

6. Trav2003

Trav2003 Mentor

Jan 17, 2006
    I'm still confused on that.

Theres no way they could have the premium channels in HD without also having the standard def ones, but when you click on any of the plans it does say 25 channels of HD included. I'm still assuming thats a mistake.

7. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    FoodHD and HGTV HD are coming as well (2nd quarter) - that will be a solid 25.

Perhaps even Starz! HD will come since it keeps slipping into their promotions. :)

8. dave1234

dave1234 Icon

Oct 9, 2005
    That would explain it. I forgot about those two.....

9. sendy

sendy Cool Member

Jan 17, 2006
    How Much For Hbo And Showtime ,
    If I Want For Example Dish Hd Bronze...

10. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    HBO + SHO will be $22.99 in the new price lists.
    (You get all the SD channels as well as the HD version of each.)

11. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    That DishCOMM technology looks ready to banish the audit team from many people's lives as well. Only one phone jack needed for the primary receiver and then the rest link up through the power outlets....

12. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    This may have been discussed somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. Will Universal HD be available to those who do not have the new MPEG4 receivers?

Ken

13. mlsmith17

mlsmith17 Cool Member

Nov 27, 2002
    From the HD Programming/Locals page, "Select Channels Available In HD." By "Select" do they still mean just CBS? The "click here for your area" link does not work yet. I have read some of the other threads around here and it is still unclear. I have put calls into executive CS but have not connected with anyone yet. All I want in the short term is the Super Bowl in HD.

14. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004

Is that the main/only purpose of that?

"DISH Comm™ technology allows phone
    and audio data to be sent throughout a
    home over existing power wiring and
    requires only one phone line connection
    among all DISH Comm-enabled receivers in a home"

What is the "audio data"?

15. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    No, they indicated that all the new HD channels will be MPEG4 and only available for MPEG4 capable receivers. All the HD channels available today will continue to be MPEG2.

16. thxultra

thxultra Godfather

Feb 1, 2005
    I can't wait for HD locals. I just hope dish carrys the WGN in chicago. I can't believe direct tv doesn't. I guess if they don't I will have to keep my antenna for one channel.

17. Brian_C6

Brian_C6 Cool Member

Nov 7, 2005
    The HD-DVR for 2 TV's... it indicates a downconvert to SD. Would that mean I could get HD content converted to SD for another TV in my home (that isn't HD comp)? That is awesome!!

Brian

18. Tom-Tx

Tom-Tx Legend

May 23, 2005
    HD down converted to SD for a second room is how it works.

19. Rogueone

Rogueone Hall Of Fame

Jan 29, 2004
    If you look at the mini descriptions of the packages carefully, you'll notice they all say 25 HD channels, except the platinum package. it says 27, so there is your 2 premium channels since those would require the HBO/Showtime subscriptions :) which also means they are including the 2 as yet added channels for the 25 number. And I sure hope they can add Starz, Encore and Moviechannel in HD at some point, that would be sweet!!

20. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Smooth. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.