1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New DVR, but how to hook up DECA?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by ToBeFrank, Apr 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ToBeFrank

ToBeFrank Legend

May 15, 2009
    I received a free DVR upgrade (HR22) to replace the H23 receiver in my bedroom. I have a HR20 in my living room. The HR20 and the H23 are currently networked with DECA. The H23 that I'm replacing has one cable input and one DECA attached. Directv did not send me everything so I can hook up both tuners. I have a few questions:

1. I think I need a splitter and one more DECA?
    2. Does the splitter go before the two DECAs and then the DECAs outputs into the DVR tuner inputs?
    3. Then one DECA ethernet output goes to the DVR ethernet input?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    If you have DECA then you must have a SWM install. With that, you only need one cable to enable both tuners in the DVR.

I'll let others with more DECA knowledge answer the other questions. :)

3. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    Hook up the HR22 exactly the same way as the H23 is.

Thats it.

4. ToBeFrank

ToBeFrank Legend

May 15, 2009
    Thanks guys. I thought it was like the HR20 but it's not. I'm good to go.

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I'm assuming that your HR20 is a HR20-100. That is a special cat that requires a modified setup for DECA than any of the other receivers, hence the reason you have a splitter and "appear" to be using both SAT inputs on the HR20.

- Merg