1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New E* HD Atlanta Install

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by rmmcneil, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmmcneil

rmmcneil Cool Member

Mar 9, 2006
    I live in the Atlanta, GA area and have decided to order the E* silver HD package with locals. I plan on getting the HD Vip211 for my hdtv, a DVR 625 for the bedroom, and a normal 311 for the basement. My questions are:

1. Are HD locals going to be via satellite or OTA?

2. Can someone give me a detailed answer as to what type of dish and wiring will be installed/required? I've read where some folks have a single dish installed and some have multiple. Which will mine most likely be? As for the wiring, how many coax runs will there be from the dish going into the house? How many wires are required going into each satellite tuner? Will there be multi-switch installed at the dish or within the house?

I'm in the process of completely re-wiring my entire house for AV and I'd prefer to install the necessary coax myself ahead of time.

Thanks for the help!

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Answers - Question 1: Could be both, depends if you can pick up the OTA.
    Question 2: Three wires will come off the dish(es) into the switch. The switch can up to four wires off them. The number of wires depend on the number of receivers. The switch should be put where you want it.

What might work better, use a 625 with a 622. Both are dvr's. Put the 622 where you plan the 211. Run RF wire from 622 to basement to replace the 311. This will eliminate the need for the switch by using a dp dual into a dpp twin and running one wire to the 625 and one wire to the 622 and using dish supplied splitters on both. This will give you dvr in all three rooms. If you try for OTA, that wire would go only to the 622. Hooking phone lines will same additional tuner fees on both receivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.