1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New E* HD Promo

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Jason Nipp, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    There is a new promo for CURRENT E* subscribers to upgrade to the 811 and HD pack.

Also I was told that in the very near future a superdish will be necessary to receive full benefits of the HD programming. Well those of you that have multiple dishes probably won't have this issue, but it is what I was told none-the-less. :D

2. Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    There have been rumblings of SuperDish coming back for HD... Glad I got a used SD cheap, I am ready just need that DPP44

3. mothergoose45

mothergoose45 AllStar

Jun 13, 2004
    So if I don't have DHP, I can just pay 9.99 a month and get a 811? Do you have to pay 4.99 for extra reciever each month.

4. gitarzan

gitarzan Guest

Where do I find details of this promo? thanks

5. MattS

MattS Godfather

Apr 5, 2004
    Its a leasing promo that was released yesterday. Anyone can get it. It depends on your status as a customer as to what kind of deal you will get. (i.e. excellent paying customer that pays $80 a month, will get a free 301/510/811 (only 1))

Call a CSR for more details.

6. Jeraden

Jeraden Cool Member

Aug 12, 2003
    I just gave them a call, but the CSR said the new promotions don't start until this coming Monday. She also seemed to think I'd still have to pay for the receiver, but it would be heavily discounted or something. But she had no details since they weren't in the computers yet (according to her). So I'll call back Monday I guess.

7. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    AMC 15 launch date currently set as August 29, 2004.

8. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
  9. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    AMC-15 will have high speed internet services, will this be something DISH is adding? I read somewhere the SuperDISH at 105 was supposed to be able to recieve internet in the future.

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I hope the 105 satellite will be the one that will get the high speed internet services as that is where I get my locals from. What are those that have their locals from 121 going to do? Have two SuperDishes up to get the service? A lot of people will not have two up, heck some people probably dont even want one SuperDish up.

11. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Two-way high-speed satellite internet is always going to require a SuperDish-size unit because of the transmitter.

It's been available for years as DirecWay (which I have) and Starband (which used to be affiliated with E*).

All things considered, I doubt that E* is going to launch themselves into that marketplace - it's rapidly becoming obsolete due to improvements in terrestrial wireless technology.

The biggest problem with satellite internet is the unavoidable propagation delay due to the distances involved. A round-trip is around 88,000 miles, or over a half-second at the speed of light. That's an eternity.

12. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    I thought starband or direcway was my only option for high speed until a month and a half ago, went wireless (9.9 miles from the x-mitter) 128k at first, jumped to 386k a couple of weeks ago :) btw if E* decides only to lease stuff from now on D* might get the majority of my business...

13. dishking

dishking Cool Member

Jun 19, 2004
    I've called twice in the last 2 days...not available until the 29th and the CSR gives cryptic information about "calling back to find out if I'm qualified." I don't know how some of you have already set it up...maybe I should play CSR roulette!

14. DSL1090

DSL1090 Guest

I got the same answer not until tomorrow...

15. mothergoose45

mothergoose45 AllStar

Jun 13, 2004
    2 CSR's told me it doesn't start until Tomm. and 1 told me it was delayed "until further notice". They need to get their info straight.

16. mothergoose45

mothergoose45 AllStar

Jun 13, 2004
    What a damn joke. Dish Network is getting horrible.

17. opryman67

opryman67 Guest

called to ask about promo today and csr said they have been told that the promo will definitely start tommorow.

18. mothergoose45

mothergoose45 AllStar

Jun 13, 2004
    Heard that also a few min. ago. Wonder if they will install for free?

19. MattS

MattS Godfather

Apr 5, 2004
    Installation will NOT be free from what I saw of the promo details. If you sign up with the DHPP itll make the installation 29.99.

20. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 29, 2002
    30 bucks doesn't sound like a bad deal for what you will get.

I'm a little confused though... HD pack with HD receiver = $9.99 ???? I thought the HD pack alone was $10.99. Now they are going to drop that cost by $1 and let you have the 811 for free??? Sounds too good to be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.