1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New feature? Or did I just miss it?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by drpjr, Nov 9, 2009.

1. drpjr

drpjr Icon

Nov 23, 2007
    Sakatomatoes...
    I just noticed if you press either the play or list buttons a second time it clears the screen. Is this new? IIRC before everytime you hit the play button the progress bar would display until timed out. To clear the bar early you would have to press exit. And to clear the list screen you would also have to press exit. I really like pressing a button to activate a screen and then hitting the same button to exit. Now if they could just do something about the double press "guide/filter the guide" button. I would love to exit the guide quickly with a second button press without going to the exit button. Edit: 3 HR20-100s on current CE.

2. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I believe play and list have always worked this way.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    That feature has been around since the beginning.

As for the guide filtering... well it used to be worse. Way back when, it used to go to the filter screen first. We convinced our friends at DIRECTV to give us the option to put the guide first and the filter screen second.

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    That was the worst. How anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me. I'd also like to see the option of removing the filter screen altogether. I never use it.

5. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I never use it either, but my folks use all the time. But they don't use a favorites list either.

6. briang5000

briang5000 DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Favorite Lists are my favorite feature.
    I don't know how anybody could stand NOT to use a favorite list.

I like to use the blue button to browse other channels.
    I think that's a feature many people overlook.

7. drpjr

drpjr Icon

Nov 23, 2007
    Sakatomatoes...
    I would have bet the farm that the only way to clear the progress bar was to either let it time out or hit the exit key. As for the list the only way to clear was hit exit. Oh dopey me.:eek2: The only thing I can think of is that I am rather impatient waiting for screens to clear and "taught" myself to hit exit to clear a screen quickly. Now that learned behavior is habit. I am glad to see I'm not alone on the guide/screen issue.

8. Mockenrue

Mockenrue Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    No, it's always been that way. I was an early adopter, and used it from the beginning. It's so burned into my brain that I usually hit play twice when using my DVD (and now Blu-Ray) players which greets me with a red circle and slash.

9. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I agree. I was even happier with my legacy RCA and Hughes DirecTV receivers that had FOUR favorites lists unlike the present equipment that only has two.