1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Firmware for R15-300 released?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by crkeehn, Nov 13, 2013.

1. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    When I woke up this AM my receiver had a brief message as to how the program listings would be slightly different. I went and discovered that overnight my R15-300 DVR had downloaded a new firmware. I am now running 0x13B4.

Is there any significant improvement with this firmware or is it just a maintenance release?

Thanks

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Pretty sure just "maintenance" but most importantly support for IV retest. :down:

3. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    What is IV retest?

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    InterVein :)

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Install Verification. It means a tech can check the quality of his work through a menu on your receiver.

6. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Thank you.

7. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    To go "deeper" to Stuart's answer., IV is a "program" that DirecTV started a few years ago. New receivers must pass a certain threshold in order for the receiver to activate, of the threshold is not met, the tech would not be able to activate the receiver and will be forced to fix whatever is necessary to make the receiver pass this test. on already active receivers,when a tech is on site, they must run IV retest, "retest" presumably because this test was already run when the box was activated for the fist time. This retest makes sure that your dish is aligned properly by making sure that receiver passes the test. the tech needs to pass this test in order to get paid

8. Sea bass

Sea bass Icon

Jun 9, 2005
    Received same update on R15-500 Oct 24th. Too bad they didn't update the logos...so many missing or outdated.