1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Genie and WHDVR install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by wrj, Jan 3, 2013.

1. wrj

wrj Legend

Nov 23, 2006
    I had a HR34 installed today. Also, activated WHDVR. we only have the HR34 and HR21 in the house but this is a way of sharing programs. And my wife has a lot of recordings on her HR21.

So far, so good. The HR34 is much more responsive compared to my HR22 which was replaced.

But here's my question. The playlist shows all my wife's recordings (on her HR21) and my test recording on the HR34. But I don't see any why to segregate these recordings. That is, it seems it would be nice to have the recordings I did on the HR34 show on the top of the playlist while recordings from the HR21 show below those. Or even if they where displayed in different colors where I could spot my recordings quickly. Now I know that I can filter out my wife's recordings but kind of defeats the purpose of WHDVR.

Is there something I'm missing?

2. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    Nope. Whole Home is Whole Home. It's either the Unified list, or just the list from that DVR. No "Separate but Equal" list.

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You can set either unit up to only show it's local playlist, or all.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Right on. is an "all or nothing" situation