1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Genie install issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by spidey, Aug 5, 2013.

1. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    1) PIP function doesnt seem to work at all. Hit DASH and all I get is SWM info. Note HDMI from the HR44 gos to a yamaha receiver to TV

2) GenieGo app only sees my HR21 not the HR24 nor the HR44 in network

3) Pandora missing on extras

HR44 sees playlist and HR21 nad hr24 see playlist

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    To use PIP, press INFO, scroll to right, etc.

HR44's and GenieGO issues have been around lately. I wonder what is going on?
    First step, press and hold red reset button on GenieGO box for 30 secs. See if that fixes it.

Others have suggested calling Direcv and ensuring the 44 is the primary receiver.

Pandora may take up to 48 hours to appear. Be sure the 44 is internet connected. Run a system test.

3. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Ok pip is working should never read the manual. I guess trick play was enabled so couldn't switch between sources.
    Will see if pandora comes in tomorrow. Btw hr44 is connected to,wireless network versus hard wired to router which I can do sine it is close by.

4. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Ok so genie go still doesnt see playlist of the HR44 or the HR24 it only sees the HR21. BTW the HR21 is on opposite output of the swim16 as the HR24 and HR44 are.

Also I tried to wire the HR44 to my router directly and even after reset the HR44 seems to always choose wireless as its router connection.

5. hahler2

hahler2 AllStar

Sep 19, 2006
    In order to get hr-44 to switch from wireless to wired you have to reset the network connections and then restart the receiver. At least, that's what I had to do with mine.

6. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    yes that's what I did as well. Nw reports using Ethernet and router ip map shows same