1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Genie Software 0x08C2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by samthegam, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samthegam

samthegam Cool Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Received 0x08C2 this morning on my HR44-500 - so far one new added feature is HDMI control!!!

2. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    ...and more bugs :nono2:

3. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    What new bug?

1 person likes this.
  4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Some have the thought that every new version introduces more bugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    You don't like bugs? No bugs equal no mankind.

Actually. except for the occasionally slow remote response, my HR34 has been behaving nicely since it got 0x08C2.

6. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Of course not every Genie receiver have issues related to software, I haven't experienced problems with the HR44(Yet)

But this new software is to address issues with HR34's with previous SW or current, since it's not on NR yet.

But it might fix one thing and break another... will see

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    On the firmware monitor it showed up for both the 34 and 44 that morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. jagrim

jagrim Hall Of Fame

Aug 25, 2006
    So what is the issue on the HR34's so that I can look for them?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

9. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    According to a few HR34 owners, Unusually slow remote response, Freeze-ups,771 errors for some and trickplay issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Performance issues can be caused by a lot of things. Now the Start Over situation, that was definitely a bug.

11. pappasbike

pappasbike Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    I was one who was committed to keeping my 34 through the many issues even when I was told by many on these boards that the only fix was to replace it with a 44. The video/audio freezing exclusively on NBC shows started for me in Feb. after that month's software release. It took the next 2 software releases to fix that. Then the auto delete bug appeared and the software release to fix that brought back the freezing that was now on several other networks as well as the overall slowing of most functions, bringing up the guide, changing channels, etc. I had been arguing with several on here that the problem wasn't the 34 but the software, which may or may not be true but I finally got tired of the issues. Especially after talking to several DTV installers who have been in my neighborhood setting up new customers over the last several months who all told me they were aware of those issues and all their 34s had been replaced and they only had 44s to install.

From reading many posts on here by others who have also determined that installers in their area also now have only 44s, it appears obvious that the 34 is slated for extinction unless you're unlucky enough to have a refurb forced upon you. But otherwise I think DTV is abandoning the 34 but still trying to fix the remaining ones with all these software releases. There have been more of these in the first 6 months of this year for the genies than I can ever remember in any other year. The problem is what they fix for one now becomes a problem for the rest. My 44 has been great since its install, I don't need another release. They should just quit trying to fix the 34s and replace them all and just be done with it.

12. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.