1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guide Screen Adjustments

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by olguy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Mar 5, 2011 #1 of 11
    olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    And they work. The guide can be enlarged, shrunk, moved up or down and left or right.

Menu>Settings>Screen Size and have fun.

2. Mar 5, 2011 #2 of 11
    l8er

l8er Icon

Jun 18, 2004
    "Well, isn't that special." Thanks for the tip!

3. Mar 5, 2011 #3 of 11
    356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    Wouldn't it be nice if Dish sent a comprehensive update guide along with their software ? It seems we/I learn from doing, exploring and others. Dish just bangs this stuff off to us and lets the chips fall where they may,or so it seems. Then again, at least we get it......

4. Mar 5, 2011 #4 of 11
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... something like a screen adjustment change like this... buried in the menus where you already tried it months ago and gave up... you aren't likely to find it when they do add a new feature.

There really need to be release notes somewhere that people can access to find out what is different about new firmware.

5. Mar 5, 2011 #5 of 11
    BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Is this new to S113?

6. Mar 5, 2011 #6 of 11
    Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Honestly... without release notes it would be difficult to say.

I know I gave up looking for a setting a while ago and have been living with the overscan issues on the EPG.

Since it was just posted since evidence of S112 and S113 threads were started... I'm guessing it is new to one of those releases.

7. Mar 6, 2011 #7 of 11
    coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
  8. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    For what it's worth I was told when I got my 922 last April the over sized guide was a known issue and it was being worked on. I do know that a number of us posted about it on several forums. That said, thanks to whoever got it done.

Also I just noticed that the little info banners on the music channels no longer go partly off the screen as they bounce around. Guess the new screen size actually changes the picture size a bit. Haven't tried it on a video program yet.

9. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It doesn't appear to affect picture size for the video... but does seem to affect all of the GUI overlays.

The EPG was the most noticeable since it had things going off the screen... but subtle changes to other GUI screens can be observed after you make adjustments that fix the EPG.

10. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    That makes sense to me after thinking about it. The banners on the music channels are generated by the receiver as are the guide and other GUI items. Thanks for the comment.

11. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    No problem...

I first noticed the extra effects... when you click the Info button, it not only brings up the Info box but also a semi-transparent layer under that.

After making the adjustment for the EPG to fit... I noticed that the semi-transparent layer under the Info box doesn't go to the edge of the screen anymore... so I have a thin square of the live TV that shows around the outside of that now.