1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New H25 keeps locking up when I try to access DVR list

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sangs, Sep 15, 2013.

1. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Any ideas why this might be happening? When I press "List" on the remote, the pictures freezes and I can hear audio, then the audio drops completely. H25 won't respond to any remote commands. Only occurs when I try to access the DVR list. Everything else works fine. Guide, channel changing, menu access - all good. Passes test(s) and status say it's connected to Whole Home DVR service. Connected to set via HDMI, if that matters. I've RBRed it and pulled the plug, but it happens again. Just had this installed on Monday (replaced a mini Genie) and it was working fine until yesterday. Don't receive any error codes or any other indication that there should be an issue. Thanks.

2. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    As my own follow up here, based on some info I'd read in another thread, I replaced the HDMI connection with the component dongle connection, deselected all formats but 1080i and so far - knock wood - everything is working normally again. Now, when I'd had it connected via HDMI I still had "Native" as "Off" so didn't think handshake issues could occur - even with all the available formats selected - but I gather that's not actually the case. I have no idea if this has actually solved the problem long term, but as of now, it's all good again.

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thanks for the you-fixit solution! Hope it sticks.

4. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    So far so good. :up:

5. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    Stopped working unfortunately. However, the good people of Directv had a replacement H25 at my house today - less than 24 hours later - and it's working perfectly thus far.