Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by PaulieORF, Apr 20, 2010.
I saw a commercial yesterday on FLN that said FLN will become Cooking Channel May 31st. There was NO mention of it being available in HD by any provider, in the commercial.
Are you serious? I ask that because I'm wondering if you've ever watched anything on G4? I watched a movie once on G4. It had:
1) commercial breaks every 5 minutes
2) a logo in the upper left
3) an animated logo in the lower right
4) screen shrink ads (the ones that shrink your vertical down to like 75% and use the remaining 25% for spam)
You seriously want that in HD?
I say again...
G4 is seriously the worst channel on TV in regards to that.
I can't wade through all 11 pages but I assume many people are complaining about BBC America HD. Well add me to the list, that's the main channel that I wanted, the Travel channel is also good but the rest in all honesty is not all that important to me.
Will we see g4 VOD HD come back? there some g4 stuff that is VOD only.
I remember years ago when I first got G4. This was an awesome channel for gamers. then Techtv and G4 joined together.now its like kinda like another Spike tv channel. but I remember shows like Filter,Judgment Day,G4tv.com and others. there was this one show that played music and show game play from different games.
Actually, I never had G4tv. We had TechTV and it was really good until TechTV and G4 joined.
So, by joining those two channels together Comcast created a bad channel. Way to Go Comcast!
I couldn't have said it better. they used to have 3-5 minute extras showing interesting things to cook/bake.
I never knew G4 had a VOD channel. Let alone an HD version. NO disrespect, not I would care for it, but what carrier did you use to have it with?
Will comcast do the same with NBC?
At least there some hope that can put better stuff on VS and maybe make syfy more like the old sci-fi.
Well, in all honestly none of them are important to me, but I don't feel the need to complain.
I didn't know that there WAS a D12 themed avatar contest. I just happened upon the know locked thread in the OT Forum. I gotta start visitng that Forum again.
I really miss TechTV. Leo Lapote and shows like "Call for Help". I think the only show to survive the merger was "Extended Play", which became "X-Play".
Leo Laporte has a great weekly radio show "The Tech Guy". I download his podcast.
I've checked the channel a couple of times tonight ... they had several episodes of Cops back to back and are now playing a movie. The content is 4x3 upconverted to HD. The HD logo is in the upper left corner of the 16x9 image right on the pillarbox line. They just did a popup ad (full banner) across the bottom of the screen with screen shrink but it probably is only 1/6th of the screen (not 25%). The SD version has a logo that is further in to the 4x3 image in the upper right but about the same. The screen shrink ad was about the same on the SD screen. I just saw a commercial that was HD on the HD channel and letterboxed on the SD channel (followed by a commercial that was letterbox on both!).
I didn't find the logo any more annoying than any other. It seems like all channels like to do the occasional poppy thing.
worth quoting this from page #1 again. It's worth it.
And Travel Channel HD. Now all those beach-laden specials will look so much better. Finally.
Smaller channels like G4 need to constantly advertise their original shows and themselves by having banners and a non-opaque logo. Would you guys rather have the screen squished for a 1/6 screen size ad or a banner that takes up 1/4 of the screen? They do have two separate feeds for the channel so the SD version isn't just a center-cut version of the HD feed. It is weird though that their "This show is available in G4HD" bumper is not even widescreen.
G4 had nine and a half hours of original HD programing last week which I think is a record for them. Its unfortunate that some of the movies they buy don't have a TV-14 edit available in HD. Anyway, D* had better get his channel in HD before E3 week (June 14-18) as they just announced that they are going to have 25 hours of coverage. They also announced a new show premiering that week, It's Effin' Science.
As an eastern time resident living in PA, I think I can safely say I'm certainly not alone in that I'd rather not have the sun come up at 5am and go down at 3pm in the winter.
Not me, I would love it!
Maine is like that and it sucks.
Anyone else like me and refuse to watch anything in SD?
Hate having to download my BBC shows in HD, but late is better than never.