1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HD Channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bmgriggs, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmgriggs

bmgriggs New Member

Feb 12, 2004
    I finally refreshed my computer at the right time and my Direct TV HD Tivo from Best Buy will be here on Monday. I can't wait to switch off of Dish. My question is: I've heard so much about new HD Channels and everyone's speculation as to what they will be, but does anyone know any of them for sure? I am hoping my outside antenna will work for locals, but if not, I don't want to spend another couple of hundred dollars on an antenna if FoxHD, NBCHD, ABCHD, etc. are about to be offered to me in the Dallas/Fort Worth area on satellite. Also, does anyone know how much the normal charge is to add another line from the satellite dish to the receiver so I have a second line for the HD Tivo? I've got free installation on a basic receiver from Best Buy but not on the HD Tivo. I figured it couldn't be that much, right? By the way, this message board has helped answer a lot of my questions and I want to thank everyone for their responses on the various items on here. It seems ya'll (yes I'm from Texas) know a lot more than anyone from any of the retailers.

2. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    As far as upcoming HD networks, it's pretty much rumor and speculation; Directv is pretty tight-lipped about negotiations (like any provider will be).

Fox, NBC, ABC, etc., I'd have to defer to someone else who's researching this. I live in a market where I can get their HD via OTA so I haven't followed the progress.

3. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    On D* for O&O markets:

CBS-HD
    FOX-HD (will be up by Sept 12th as that is the first day Fox will do HD)
    NBC-HD (just announced yesterday, no word on start date).
    ABC-HD (nothing but rumors really. I would expect something by years end, but maybe by football season for MNF though).

4. Un-lucky

Un-lucky Guest

nothing in their press release says anything about nbc-hd..it says the OLYMPICS will be in HD..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.