1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HD Tivo release info

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Chris Blount, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Reports from various sources on the the net are saying that now the HD Tivo units will be shipping around the middle of April. My supplier has also confirmed this info.

Looks like we will be waiting just a little while longer. :)

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    That's starting to sound a little familiar. Maybe the tivo folks are going to actually fix any problems they are having *before* releasing to the public... :)

3. dswallow

dswallow Godfather

Mar 31, 2003
    Robert from Value Electronics leaves tonight for California to help with shipping out the first 200 units he's receiving tomorrow to the first on the big pre-order list (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?postid=1841016#post1841016).

I think it's a fair statement that most retailers aren't going to be seeing many or any units till mid-April, but shipping of them begins tomorrow.

In this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385151 it's pretty well backed up that Robert at Value Electronics has a reliable source at DirecTV for accurate info about this. ;)

4. slocko

slocko Guest

I know one internet dealer who will be in California tomorrow shipping the first 200 of which I am in the top 30 ;)

5. sunking

sunking Godfather

Feb 17, 2004
    So units are shipping from CA directly to those who bought? Or are they shipping from CA to NY, then to the customers? I only ask because I live in MA so just did regular UPS, if it's coming from CA to the home I may have thought about upgrading.

6. dswallow

dswallow Godfather

Mar 31, 2003
    Yeah, the first two orders are going to get shipped from California where the units cross into the US. We went through those sorts of shipping-change headaches when that was first mentioned in the big pre-order thread. ;)

Technically you won't get it later because of this; if the units had been shipped to NY first, it would've delayed everybody... but it does reshuffle expectations. You might possibly still be able to upgrade your shipping if you call Value Electronics now.

Beginning with the 3rd shipment, they'll be coming from the usual distributor locations around the country; apparently still not directly from Robert's business location.

7. slocko

slocko Guest

Direct from CA. You can try faxing your original paperwork with the word amend written on top and change the shipping to overnight. 70 dollars.

8. slocko

slocko Guest

darn it Doug, you do less work than I do!

9. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Thanks for the info Doug. I hope everything falls into place.

10. sunking

sunking Godfather

Feb 17, 2004
    Not worth the $70 to wait a few extra days. Even though I'll probably end up getting it on the same day as if they had shipped to NY first, it would be nice knowing that when the first 'they have arrived at VE' appears that I'd be receiving mine in a day or two rather than a week. In the end it's all good.

11. BobJ2004

BobJ2004 AllStar

Feb 7, 2004
    I hope some one posts Pictures of it.

Screen, Box, Unit, and most importantly- the inside of the Unit.

Can some one scan the Manual? I am towards the end of the pre order list. Cant wait.

12. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    I will be posting a complete review when I get mine. I will start taking pictures as soon as it shows up at the door. :)

I don't think I will be the first to get one but the information will be here.

13. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Well they are indeed delayed a week. :( Ack! Patience is a virtue, and I ain't got none!

14. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    We are now looking at Shipments to start by April 5th

Some thing about have to change the Dolby lable on the front of the box before the factory run starts. Sounds like marketing got in the way. Plus they want to do more stress testing.

15. scottrob

scottrob DBSTalk Club Member

Jan 25, 2003
    Is the additional stress testing for the product or for the folks waiting for the product? :)

16. pjboud

pjboud AllStar

Feb 13, 2003
    Chris, could you post a picture of your empty doorway. :)

17. dswallow

dswallow Godfather

Mar 31, 2003
    I was wondering that myself. ;) Maybe DirecTV is stress testing some of their dealers too.

18. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    If Robert from VE can pass the test he can take on anything!

19. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Here ya go! :lol:

Attached Files:

20. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.