1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New HD Tivo Review and new Pictures-production release unit.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by scottchez, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    FYI-

One of the dealers got one of the first 200 Units (the ones with the HDMI/DVI port size a little out of spec, that they are now fixing).

Robert from Valueelectronics let a forum member come to His store and give it a test drive.

Over at the Tivo Comun that have details and many new pictures.

Here is the link

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170175&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

2. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    Here are some more pictures from someone that has/had one in Tulsa, Ok

http://www.hdtvok.com/article.php?sid=1625

The HD Tivo is starting to show up all over the place. We must be getting close to the actual main ship date.

The URL is from the Oklahoma HDTV web site.

Thanks

www.hdtvok.com

3. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    Waiting for more HDTV programs and also for the price to drop. But I will take this unit of any Dish Product anytime.

4. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    :( it's beautiful. Has widescreen guides, and OTA info, I wish dish could make stuff like this.....

5. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
  6. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
  7. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Good news... looks like the HD Tivo will be upgradable (hackable) with a larger 2nd hard drive. (voids warranty)! They are still having trouble upgrading the primary hard drive to >250, but they've successfully added a second drive, bumping up the HD storage to the much better 70 hours.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171445

With 400 GB drives now available, I'd love to see two of them installed.

8. DBSPaul

DBSPaul Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 26, 2002
    Rats! And here I bought a DVD recorder to more frequently archive shows off my HDTiVo for nothing.. :sure:

It doesn't really surprise me much that the standard MFS tools would work with this unit. The issue will be getting a mounting bracket and cooling solution for the second drive. But like all my other *TiVos in the house, it looks like the newest will also have a drive upgrade at some point in the future... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.