1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new hdgui

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kolvadw, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolvadw

kolvadw New Member

May 23, 2007
    Any way to change colors on the new Dtv gui? It's so dark and depressing. I really miss the blue.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Nope

3. kolvadw

kolvadw New Member

May 23, 2007
    sux...

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Yea, Tivo is using the same color scheme on my Premier HD GUI. Guess its popular with the GUI makers.

I never could figure out why DirecTv didnt implement "Skins" to give people the choice of color schemes. My Hughes E86 DirecTv box and my old Sony both had that option. None of DirecTv's boxes have ever had any way to change the color or the font, except the font for closed captioning.

5. kolvadw

kolvadw New Member

May 23, 2007
    guess i didn't miss not having skins as the old guide worked for us. The new one has us contemplating a provider change...

6. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Better check the competitions boxes too. The ones I have seen all pretty much look the same (except for AT&T's).

7. kolvadw

kolvadw New Member

May 23, 2007
    yep at&t is who we were considering moving to.

8. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    If you are real close to their fiber distribution point, you might like it. If you arent, prepare to reboot your gateway several times a week, and have intermittent picture freezes all day.

At least you dont need to sign a contract to try them. Beware though, I returned my equipment with their pre-labeled box, and they tried to charge me $$$, claiming they never got it. After two months of calls, they finally "credited" me for the return, but the next week, I got a notice from a collection agency. Been trying to clear that off my credit report for a while now.

AT&T never again for me.

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's highly recommended to suspend your Directv account for a while instead of canceling outright. Gives you an escape route if you don't get enough hd streams, have other issues.

10. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    ATT colors are not much differnt from Derictv, dark blue in guide.

11. kolvadw

kolvadw New Member

May 23, 2007
    thanks for the guidance, been with dtv for 12 years, but new guide is just too dark. plus our contract is up so good time to try something new.

12. RBTO

RBTO Legend

Apr 11, 2009
    Put my two cents in for the bean counters out there if anyone at Directv is actually listening.
    The new guide is too dark and sometimes text is hard to read, especially if it's grayed out. The dark dividing lines between times are sometimes invisible on the dark background (or visa versa). Directv really could have used a better color scheme on this new interface.
    Hope for better in rev *.

13. Jerry_K

Jerry_K Godfather

Oct 21, 2006
    But But But we had a graphics designer consult on the project. The new guide looks like they hired Gears of War designers. It is dark for sure. Wish they would have left the little viewing window on the right too.

14. JEFF-G

JEFF-G New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    What I hate about the guide is that even though the trickplay status bar is small, it still blacks out the bottom quarter of screen so you can't see anything in trickplay.

15. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.