1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HR20 User

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by socal404, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socal404

socal404 Legend

Jun 26, 2007
    Well, I had my DVR installed today, and so far everything is fine. I'm still trying to figure out things. My wife wanted me to set up a "Season Pass" for one of her soaps. I did that by going to Monday 10/22, and set it up to record everything, but don't see it every day in the "To Do List". (Can you tell I'm a TIVO alumus) How long does it take for the guide to get its full 14 day memory? I know I'll have other questions, but this is a start.

2. phat78boy

phat78boy Hall Of Fame

Sep 12, 2007
    It will usually take a few hours for it to populate the "To Do List". It does so in the background, unlike the TIVO. Also, it will show a few days at first and then update continuously from there.

3. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    via satellite. especially with the newer firmware 0x18a. It has to do so much when you first install it, but after that it should be quick.

4. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    newbie here too. I've been advised that even with full guide data, my wife's soap didnt record all the way when she set up the SL. I was told by the next day the SL would pick up the next weeks episodes and 'kick in' and sure enough that was true.

in other words, you wont know if you have conflicts immediately after you set up a SL nor will all the eps show up as recording.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    What soap?

I've heard of problems with Passions on 101. I did some testing for my friend who watches that show and found that if she records it on one of the other "101" channels it works but not on the 101 itself.

Also, soap data can be not so good, so make sure your Season List says both first run and rerun.

7. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    all my children and since i convinced her the PQ wasn't better than OTA on hdtivo, just kept it to there for now and deleted the tivo SP

8. socal404

socal404 Legend

Jun 26, 2007
    I've tried to dim the blue ring on my HR20-100 receiver as instructed in the manual, but it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?:confused:

9. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Are you pressing the left and right arrow on the front of the receiver together?

If so press them slowly. No reason to press them fast. Every time you press them they will dim more and more. The 4th time the light will go off.

10. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.