1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HR24-100 2x install connectivity questions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Robotpedlr, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Cool Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Hi...I just got my two HR24-100 (the new 100 version not the 500 if that matters) installed as well as a H24-100. My issue is that I can not get MRV to work (can not see shows on other box). They plugged one of the HR boxes into my cat 5 network and it gets an ip address. The other can not get connected. Aren't these supposed to connect to each other via built in deca? How is that turned on?

From what I have gathered on here is that the one HR should not be connected to the cat 5? Did my installer install wrong.

I do have network ports everywhere so there is no issue with wired connection access near any of the boxes. Also the splitter they installed in my network room just splits the inbound sat signal to the coax going to the 3 boxes. Should that be where do Internet connection happens for the deca? I have network there if needed.

Appreciate some guidance.

2. jasonki32

jasonki32 Godfather

Jan 29, 2008
    All of your current equipment has built in DECA and does not need to use the ethernet. A couple of questions:
    1. Do you have a SWM dish or multiswitch?
    2. Is the Whole Home DVR service active on your account?
    3. Do you have the DVRs set to allow sharing of playlists?

As far as internet goes, you need a DECA connected to your home network and connected to your splitter for the Directv Coax.

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    With any of the 24s, if the ethernet is connected, then the internal DECA is disabled.
    To have them connected through coax, you must remove the ethernet cable and then reboot. If it still doesn't switch to the coax networking, then re-run the SAT setup and this will turn the DECA on.
    You need another DECA to bridge to your home network for internet access.

4. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Cool Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Tried the Ethernet discount/reboot option no love. Looked at the sat setup option....but got nervous about not knowing all the right choices if I go through the resetting of those options. Can that screw me up or are the defaults the safe bet. Also have a call into the installer since it looks like I will need a deca box fir the network anyway.

Thanks

5. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    About the only thing that can go wrong is to pick the wrong dish. Do you know which dish you have?

6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Is Whole Home DVR active on your account?

7. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Cool Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Says slimline 3s on the more info screen

8. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Cool Member

Dec 14, 2008
    How do I tell? Is that something I need to call to ask. I think my invoice online had that listed with a $3 charge or something....whether or it got turned on I dint know.

9. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    That is enough so "go for it". :lol:
    To know if you have it active, you can look in the setup menu and see if there is a "Whole-Home" listed on the left menu.

10. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Log into directv.com and in the Account Overview screen click on My Services and Whole-Home DVR Service. It should say "currently activated".

11. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Cool Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ran setup...nothing. But I do not see whole home anywhere in the setup menu.

12. Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers Godfather

Jan 14, 2008
    Metro-Atlanta
    The menu listing is "Multi-Room", not "Whole-Home".

13. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    This may be the problem then, as the service doesn't seem to be active on your account, or you don't have the latest software yet on this receiver, which should be 0x03DE or newer. You can find this in the info screen.

14. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Thanks for posting this.
    It will change names "soon" :lol:

15. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Cool Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ok. Just got off with dtv. They turned it on (oversight on their end) rebooted and I now have mrv. Thanks for your help. Now I just need the deca Internet connection device.

16. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Cool Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ok, DTV just came out and installed the Internet kit (Deca connected to router). Now I have MRV and Internet connectivity (seperate IP addresses at all boxes).

The ony thing I can not get working now is Directv2PC. I scan for devices and none (of the 3) show up. I can look at the router admin page and see all have IP addresses, but no DPC connection. Shoud I post this in a different forum for help on that?

Thanks again.

17. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    There's a separate thread for that topic here...

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=165127