DBSTalk Forum banner

New HR34 Some Sonic Tap Lost

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  sammib 
#1 ·
Got a new HR34 last Tues and since then no 807,852,855 and others. Still have the same pkg as with the HR20 it replaced.The "All Channels" guide doesn't list them at all. Called D* and went through all the usual bs. Reset, do this, do that, blah blah blah. After a half an hour then he said to do a reprogram of the box. I hung up. Can any other owners of an HR34 verify this. Otherwise any comments or suggestions? I'm all ears.

#3 ·
Look at the front of the dish. If it is the size and shape of a closed fist, it's an Slimline-3. If it's wide like the DBSTALK logo that's an Slimline-5.

Then, press and hold {INFO} using the DIRECTV-supplied remote. Scroll down to "More System Info" and press {SELECT.} Scroll down until you see the dish type. Does it match what you have?

If you have the Slimline-5 but the dish type is Slimline-3, there's your problem. {MENU}>Settings&Help>Settings>Satellite then repeat Satellite Dish setup and set it properly.

Several Sonic Tap channels are on a satellite only visible to the Slimline-5 dish.

#6 ·
sammib said:
Got a new HR34 last Tues and since then no 807,852,855 and others.
These Sonic Tap channels (and 14 others) are all at 119W. It seems that they're moving them to 101W slowly as there were once as many as 31 Sonic Tap channels at 119W.

#8 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
Look at the front of the dish. If it is the size and shape of a closed fist, it's an Slimline-3. If it's wide like the DBSTALK logo that's an Slimline-5.

Then, press and hold {INFO} using the DIRECTV-supplied remote. Scroll down to "More System Info" and press {SELECT.} Scroll down until you see the dish type. Does it match what you have?

If you have the Slimline-5 but the dish type is Slimline-3, there's your problem. {MENU}>Settings&Help>Settings>Satellite then repeat Satellite Dish setup and set it properly.

Several Sonic Tap channels are on a satellite only visible to the Slimline-5 dish.
My dish info says Slimline 3S-(SWM). So I assume that I can't get those channels. That's strange because I used to get them before using that same dish. Thanks to all the guys that responded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.