1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New HR44 - Blurry Guide Font

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Hotelone, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Hotelone

Hotelone Cool Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Central...
    I've read some earlier threads on this subject and I don't want to restart any flame wars, I just want to add my data point in agreeing with the other posters that experience tis on their HR44/Flat Panel combinations. It does look like some kind of interlace/de-interlace issue to me. It is much less apparent on the larger recording list font. On my setup it's much fainter and almost blurry, much more faint than on my earlier HR34 and my current HR24. I know there's no current way to make this better but I wanted to add my two cents anyway.

Cheers;

Vince

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thank you for the data point. What TV and model have you?

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Go into settings&help, settings, video, and turn off 480i and 480p.

4. Hotelone

Hotelone Cool Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Central...
    Panasonic TC-P60U50 Plasma

Tried that, thanks from one of your earlier posts, but it didn't work for me. :nono: