1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New install, c31 addition charge?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by speekkong, Feb 27, 2013.

1. speekkong

speekkong New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Hey, I think this my first post but I'm on here for years. I just got update my directv system to the genies and that new client two hr24s, h25.
    As for decision is because it seem suck, even the grandparent said so. When they install and lucky they told me to hold on my equipment and call CS for any that I dont want( other time I just gave them and they took it). But when I log in the website the client does not show in the equipment so do I get charge monthly for it? I like it, because it act like a dvr too but will return if it cost. Didn't want to wait end of the month to find out because the two extra can $12 and want to give them back now.

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    The clients are the same fee as any other receiver, yes you will be charged $6/Month each.

3. speekkong

speekkong New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    I was wonder how they know charge for this as it doesn't use access card? of couse I think it charge mine because it on the order? it seem like I can buy any c31 and add to the server without they knowing.

4. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    The HR34 is authorized to use the clients so if you try to add a client that is not authorized on the account then it will tell you to call DirecTV to authorize it. It uses the Access Card of the Hr34.