1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

New Install HR 44 +

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dhjernigan, Dec 10, 2013.

1. dhjernigan

dhjernigan New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Aransas...
    My first post, I have been a DTV customer for 20 years.

Yesterday I had of new install:

HR-44, Hr-24, and c41-500. The installer would not give me any RC-71 remotes, he said that they only cause confusion, so they do not do them.

Every works well, very fast compared to the 2 Hr-23's that I had.

My question is that I have at this time everything set to share, the Hr-24 can see the Genie playlist, the Genie can see the HR-24 playlist, the C41 can see the Genie but it can not see the playlist on the HR-24 any suggestions?

If more info is needed. please let me know.

David

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    For ken that installer is full if it with the remotes. If demand them as they are the only ones that work rf. And it's a better remote response wise as far as I am concerned.

With that said the client should see all playlists too. You could be on very old software that needs an update or a simple reboot may fix it. Try a reboot of the genie then the HR24 then the client.

3. dhjernigan

dhjernigan New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Aransas...
    I did the resets in the order specified in the prior post and the c41 still does not list the playlist from the HR-24, the c41 is using software version 0x734

David

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    734 is the current NR for the clients. I would go to the Genie and toggle the playlist filter to "local" and then back to "all" not sure if the same can be done at the Genie mini

5. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    And welcome to DBSTalk! You will find the absolute best advice here. Inkahauts is right about the RC71 remotes. Some of us hate them, some of us lover them. But regardless, it should be your choice to make an informed decision, not the installers. The HR44 will not accept RF from any other remote except the RC71. That can be a very important factor in your decision.

6. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    Which model of HR24?

7. dhjernigan

dhjernigan New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Aransas...
    It is a HR24-100 with 0x740 software, which downloaded last night, now the C-41 can see the HR24's playlist, Just have to be patient sometimes.

David

8. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Yeah, you can filter the playlist on the minis too.

9. dhjernigan

dhjernigan New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Aransas...
    Called DTV about not getting the RC-71 remotes and they were very nice and scheduled another trip for the installer, this time I had a different installer and was impressed, I said that he did not have to set the remotes up but he did and changed out my splitter with the newest version which had a green tag instead of a white tag and said the it would work better, now I am a more happy camper.

David

10. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Oh dear, he left the wrong splitter there? That's embarrassing.

11. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Good you got that in hand. Happier campers are always good to hear about!