1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New install - HR34/HR44 questions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dpusa, Mar 11, 2013.

1. dpusa

dpusa Cool Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Hey all

So, having spent a year building a house we are finally moving in around March 29th or so. I have tried to keep up with DirecTV news as we are currently on UVerse but cannot wait to get back to D. I would be getting the Genie as I need four TV points; I will be coming back with a new customer account.

1. I see a new HR44 is coming out - any update on timing especially for the Georgia market? That vs a HR34?
    2. Are there new clients coming out too?
    3. For our main TV the box will be out of sight - do DirecTV offer RF remotes and do you have to pay for them?

Thanks in advance
    Ursula

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    1. I don't think there's a firm update on when the HR44's will be available.
    2. There's been rumored posts on the forum regarding a new client (C41), but I don't believe anything concrete has surfaced.
    3. Yes, the remotes have rf functionality

3. ryanh9992

ryanh9992 Cool Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Receiver Manual Go to page 125 under FCC customer information. That enough proof for ya?

4. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    It's actually page 126. They list a C41W. That must be the wireless version, yes? If so, then there are two models of the C41, wireless and wired.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Perhaps. Although these are usually written when prototypes are in development and there's no guarantee they'll actually see the light of day. So, to answer the OP's question again: I haven't seen anything concrete that a new client is coming out and when that might be (although it looks like a high probability that one will surface eventually).

6. justsam

justsam New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes they offer RF remotes. My experience was that they need to be requested and the installer may or may not have them.

I would suggest making it clear they are required for the install and they will no doubt be included.

I have a low pain tolerance for dealing with customer service so I just ordered back lit RF remotes from Solid Signal.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I seem to remember some features in the older manuals that didn't actually exist.

8. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    HR44 should be released nationally in June.

9. cwtech

cwtech Mentor

Oct 12, 2012
    and yes the c41 is coming too

10. cwtech

cwtech Mentor

Oct 12, 2012
    and to the OP, Yes you can get a RF remote, ( it isnt 100% you will get one but the installer "SHOULD" have RF remotes in his van ) when you sign up have the Rep to put in the notes that you will need at least 1 RF remote. With that in the notes and if the installer reads it ( like he should ) then if he dont have one and near the warehouse or another tech if its not out of his way to much he may stop and get one if he dont have one, but most installers do like to keep a couple on van at all times.

11. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    HR44s do not use the same RF remotes as other Directv receivers. As far as I know every HR44 will come with an RC71 RF remote... But the other remotes, the RC65s won't work in RF for the HR44.

12. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Right. DirecTV is no longer using UEI to make the newer RC71 remotes.

13. DTWBHN

DTWBHN Cool Member

Jul 10, 2011
    FYI the HR44 beta test has been delayed due to debugging issues, we were supposed to beta on 2/25. No word on when yet id imagine it will effect the national launch. I have seen the C41 its almost exactly the same as the 31 just the internals are different. The 41W is not in production as of yet. The beta test is gonna be a joy (sarcasim) as usual...

14. dpusa

dpusa Cool Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Thanks all - is it best to order online or over the phone for new accounts?

15. DTWBHN

DTWBHN Cool Member

Jul 10, 2011
    i would say online, depends on if you want to bundle or not

16. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Also be careful if you use a referral or AAA discount, go to he right url or call the right number.